Creamy Spinach artichoke Soup by modernhoney,
Rich and creamy spinach artichoke soup made with chicken broth, heavy cream, spinach, artichokes, spices, and cream cheese. Perfect for a cold winter’s day!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Servings : 6 Servings
• 2 Tablespoons Butter
• 1 Onion chopped
• 4 Garlic Cloves minced (or 3/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder)
• 1 – 9- ounce pkg. Frozen Chopped Spinach may use 1/2 of pkg. if you so desire
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoon Pepper
• 3 Tablespoons Flour may delete if you want gluten-free or keto-friendly soup
• 4 cups Chicken Broth
• 1 – 14 ounce can artichoke Hearts drained and roughly chopped
• 1- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream depending on how creamy you want the soup
• 1 – 8- ounce pkg. Cream Cheese
• 1 cup Parmesan Cheese plus additional 1/2 cup for garnish
1. In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. add onion and saute for 5 minutes. add garlic and saute for 1 minute longer.
2. Stir in frozen spinach. Stir often and break apart using a wooden spoon. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until spinach is warmed throughout. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir in flour, stirring well to avoid any lumps.
3. Pour in chicken broth and artichoke hearts. Heat for 5-10 minutes.
4. Turn heat to LOW. add heavy cream. Stir together. add cream cheese and let melt slowly. You want it to be at a low heat to prevent curdling.
5. Stir in parmesan cheese.
6. Season according to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese shavings.
Read More this full recipes at Creamy Spinach Artichoke Soup