Black Bean Vegan enchiladas by lightorangebean,
These enchiladas are packed with complex flavors, plenty of nutrition and antioxidants from the black beans, tomatoes, and garlic, et al. it’s a wonderful dish for Meatless Monday.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
Servings: 6 Servings
• 2 tsp cumin powder
• 2 cups cooked black beans
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tbs canola oil
• 1 medium size yellow onion finely chopped, approximately 8 oz
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 3 tbs chili powder
• 2 cups tomato puree or 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce + ½ cup water
• ½ cup + 1 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 medium size jalapeno pepper seeded, finely chopped, approximately 1 oz
• 8 oz vegan cheese Mexican style GoVeggie preferred
• 12-14 5.5-inch corn tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
1. Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. add onion and garlic to cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. add the chili powder, cumin powder, and salt. Cook another 2 minutes. add the beans and tomato puree and bring to a boil. Turn the heat to low. Mash the beans with a potato masher and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Remove the bean mixture from the heat and strain, reserving the sauce. Transfer the strained bean mixture to a medium bowl and mix together with ½ cup cilantro, jalapenos, and 4 oz of cheese.
3. Preheat oven to 350 °F.
Read More this full recipes at Black Bean Vegan Enchiladas